Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tag - We're It...

Over the past couple of months a game of tag has been going around the Blogosphere called 5 Things You Don't Know About Me. Guess what - we've been tagged. Tagged by our good friend, Ivan Chew of Singapore. It's hard to believe that we have readers in Illinois - let alone Singapore! Here are 5, er, 20, Things You Don't Know About 4 of Us...

5 Things You Now Know About Mitchell:

1.) I've spent over a grand on James Bond memorabilia. Why? Because.
2.) I'm allergic to most fruits. Usually, when I eat fruit, my throat itches inside and I start hacking obnoxiously.
3.) I've been bludgeoned in the face with a metal baseball bat.
4.) I was an altar boy in junior high.
5.) For a short period of time in my life (thankfully) I was a non-showering hippie.

5 Things You Now Know About Vicki:

1.) I used to be shy. Anyone who has met me since college is always stunned by this. I went away to college and totally came out of my shell. I haven't stopped talking since. (Editor's note: This is true. Vicki never stops talking.)
2.) I can out-belch almost anyone. The doctors say it's harmful to hold them in! It's a great party trick - it really impresses the guys.
3.) I am a proud cancer survivor of almost 5 years. Wow, that goes by fast.
4.) I know absolutely nothing about current music, with the exception of Gwen Stefani. My favorite group of all time is Simon and Garfunkel. I am 31 years old. Also, people are surprised to find out that I was a head banger. When all my friends were listening to New Kids on the Block (barf) I was frequenting the concerts of Poison, Motley Crue, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Tesla.
5.) I am a huge fan of talk radio. Hmmm, maybe that is why I don't know anything about current music. I am a rabid fan of all things WGN. Again, I am 31 years old. Not 50. Go ahead and make fun of me if you want, you have no idea what you are missing.

5 Things You Now Know About Nick:

1.) Before I graduated high school, I was FAT. No joke. 200 pounds. Where did it all go after high school? Beats me.
2.) My actual birthdate has been disputed ever since I was born. My birth certificate reads "12:00 am, 29 January." Legally, a new day is not set until 12:01, so no one knows if it's on 28 January or 29 January. I just picked a date and ran with it. Arguing semantics is too tiring.
3.) Even though I am now an enthusiastic vegetarian and animal-rights activist, the catalyst for my lifestyle is a bit less honorable. My first girlfriend bet me that I couldn't go meatless for a week. I bet her that I could. I started this bet on 2 January 2000 and I've never looked back since, even after she dumped me.
4.) I love videogames. I'm a closet videogame lover, actually. When I'm not being a snob, Nintendo rules my life. My current addictions? The Metroid series games, Wii Sports and Animal Crossing.
5.) I collect Hello Kitty - calendars, toys, clothes, anything. My favorite item? My brown-and-tan Chococat wallet.

And Lastly...

5 Things You Now Know About Allison:

1.) Many years ago when I first met my friend Steve, I jokingly told him my middle name was Kashmir like the Led Zeppelin song. I whole-heartedly believed that he knew I was joking. It wasn't until about 10 years later when he referred to my middle name that I explained that that was, in fact, a joke. He was appalled that what he though was true all that time, was actually false!
2.) I am related to Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain)
3.) I was raised to celebrate Jewish Holy Days in this church and didn't celebrate Christmas for the first time until about 10 years ago.
4.) In college, I was the first straight president of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Allies Union!
5.) My 5 year-old-son, Andrew (rabid Spider-Man fan) named his baby brother Parker after Spider-Man's alias Peter Parker.

And that is WAY more than you wanted to know about us. Now in an attempt to turn this blog entry into something Library-related we will tag the following friends of the Kankakee Public Library - these fine folks have visited us by doing a program or performance: Pulitzer-nominated author Luis Urrea, folk legend Arlo Guthrie, DC Comic artist Don Kramer, Kankakee-native author Kalisha Buckhanon, and newly published author and soon-to-be KPL podcast interviewee Adam Selzer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Selzer said...

All right, I don't use blogger much, but consider me tagged:

5 Things You Don't Know About Me (ignoring the fact that most of you don't know much about me to start with :) )

1. I have a doorbell on my wall. It was formerly owned (or rented, anyway) by Jim Morrison. Intellectually, I know that memorabilia is silly. But I can't help myself. The temptation I've had to spend an untold amount on a letter which Charles Dickens wrote, signed and spilled coffee on is indescribable.

2. I've invented a couple of new slang terms for upcoming books, and not using them before they're published is killing me!

3. I can explain, in great detail, theories that someone other than Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare. (for the record, I think Shakespeare was, in fact, the author, though the Marlovians have some very entertaining theories).

4. My cat is named after either George Cruikshank, the Victorian illustrator, or Crookshanks, the cat in Harry Potter, depending on who you ask. Either explanation is fine with me.

5. You know those recent news items about a school in Georgia that's STILL dealing with attempts to have Harry Potter banned from the library? I went to that high school for three years.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home