Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Peeps!

When people think of marshmallow Peeps, people think Vicki Stankewicz.

I have always loved getting Peeps in my Easter basket so imagine my delight when I found out they started doing Peeps for all seasons! A lot of people don’t realize that you can get Christmas trees, Halloween bats and pumpkins, Valentine hearts and Fourth of July stars all year round. According to the folks at Just Born, Inc. – Peeps are always in season!

In 2003 Peeps celebrated their 50th anniversary by converting two school buses into what I call Peepmobiles. There was a giant Peep atop the bus and the inside was a mini museum. I had the good fortune of tracking down the Peepmobile in Tinley Park where they stopped for a scheduled visit in front of the K-Mart. I wish they would have kept touring because it was so much fun.

I love finding anything Peep related in the stores. I find that JoAnn Fabrics and Target are especially Peep friendly. Both carry Peep merchandise other than the candy. Target is extra special because they have exclusive rights to red Peeps.

New this year in all stores is the color green which was added to blue, purple, yellow, pink and white.

So, next time you eat a Peep, see them at the store or anywhere else - think of me.

www.marshmallowpeeps.com

Be sure to check out our Flickr page that has pictures of the Peeps visiting the Kankakee Public Library.


Vicki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home